Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hitting the Road

US TRAVELS: WEST COAST
DAY 8-10: OCEANSIDE, CA TO SAN DIEGO, CA


The morning of Day 8 I found the inside of my car covered in spider webs. Looks like we my have some hitchhikers! I grabbed some much needed tacos and decided it was time to do some laundry. Sebastian and I ended up sneaking back to the hotel laundry room after discovering that laundry costs $3+ a load at the local laundromat and the hotels only costs $1.25.
I called a cheap hotel in San Diego I thought I had lined up but it fell through and after making several attempts to line up a hostel that also fell through I decided to camp outside of a 24-hr Walmart for the night. I was prepping the car to sleep in the back, when Aunty Viv saved the day! Tyson called and said that when he mentioned the situation to Viv she disappeared and got on the phone asap.


Credit: Melissa Lehuta

She called a long-time friend who's kids live in San Diego to see if I might be able to stay with them. I got a hold of Kim and Kim got a hold of her brother Joey who had an extra room available to crash at. I was really happy I didn't have to spend the night in the car and Sebastian and I hit the road from Oceanside to Ocean Beach where we are staying now. Sebastian has made a friend (a kitty named Captain) and loves the huge dog park and beach. We've really been enjoying our time here!




1 comment:

  1. Glad things worked out! I know you don't want to cut the travels short, but I know you'll pick them back up again.......and we miss you terribly, so selfishly, glad! ;) M

    ReplyDelete