Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sunnyvale

US TRAVELS: WEST COAST
DAY 5: SAN FRANCISCO, CA TO SUNNYVALE, CA


Credit: Melissa Lehuta
Feeling defeated and stinky, I decided to try to find the closest, cheapest hotel or hostel in the area. I was hoping to hear back from some contacts in the San Francisco area and hold out a little longer to see if they'd come through. My search landed me in Sunnyvale and I'm so glad it did! This was a breath of fresh air and a much needed getaway from San Francisco after the night in the car outside of the Denny's and the cranky people the night before.

This charming little town still has the feel of San Francisco but plenty of sunshine and more of a positive attitude from everyone overall. Sebastian and I played in a park where he made a friend with an old lady sharing our picnic table then we proceeded to a cheap hotel to get cleaned up and get some rest.

I also got my first "real meal" since Portland and I found myself eating to the point of feeling a bit sit to my stomach. I told my boyfriend Tyson that it was a good thing I "prepared for winter" ahead of time!

Got in touch with a friend of a friend in the Oakland area and looking forward to meeting him tomorrow and getting a tour of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment