Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Highway 101

US TRAVELS: WEST COAST
DAY 3: PORTLAND, OR TO GOLD BEACH, OR


Day 3 of my travels included A LOT of driving! At least it felt like it. I decided against taking I-5 and opted to take Highway 101 instead. It's a beautiful drive and worth the extra bit of time it takes to get down to California.

Credit: Melissa Lehuta
Credit: Melissa Lehuta
Credit: Melissa Lehuta
Credit: Melissa Lehuta

It was a drastic difference in temperature from Portland's 80+ degree slip-and-slide weather to Lincoln City's mid-60's and coastal wind. Sebastian and I hung out on the beach for a bit, I sadly grabbed my budget-ridden dollar cheeseburger from McDonald's and a twix bar for lunch (I know...awful) then hit the road again. We stopped along the way to take a rest and play in the park so Sebastian wasn't cranky from being in the car for too long and decided to find a place to stay in Gold Beach for tonight.

I'm hoping to make it down to San Francisco tomorrow. I'll do my best to keep up and post daily if I can find free wi-fi along my way!

3 comments: