Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Homemade Pie Crust

I may have grown up with a dad who was a restaurant owner, who knew his food and always made us kids a delicious wholesome dinner but my mother is another story (no offense mom!). I remember visiting one day when my dad happened to be at work and she asked me if I'd like a rice cake...yes a rice cake. Rice cakes are like fanny packs. They had their time but they just aren't in anymore.

Now my mom has been making an attempt at eating better food and improving her culinary education. She sent me an email today explaining that her and her friend from work were discussing how inept she is with cooking and how my mom has been wanting to learn how to make a pie crust. As adorable and sweet as this woman is, she decided to make a You Tube video just for my mom on how to make a homemade pie crust. She's quite a character and made me laugh a lot. Thought I'd share it with you all if you are interested in making your own.


My mom said that she made an apple pie using this pie crust recipe and it came out wonderful (my dad concurs). If this woman can teach my mom how to cook, you shouldn't have a problem. Enjoy and feel free to throw in your own tips, tricks or recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment